Monday 6 August 2012

Keeping things interesting

I'm really enjoying my 100 foods in a week challenge, even just after one day. Okay so I stopped counting after breakfast, but looking at my list below I'll easily make it. Plus it's already made me approach my food choices and food planning in a different way, making sure I don't eat the same foods tomorrow.

Not only does eating different foods everyday help increase the range of nutrients in your diet, it also helps keep food interesting. When eating healthily it's easy to find a few easy dishes you know are ok to eat and then eat these over and over again. However your taste buds will quickly get bored leaving you more likely to look for naughty treats or unhealthy foods to satisfy you.

Instead if you keep things varied you're more likely to feel satisfied with your food and stay on the straight and narrow.

For anyone who's interested here are the ingredients I can remember from today:

Breakfast:
Rice protein powder
Cherry juice
Juice of half a lime
Brown rice cooked in Kala coconut milk
Sunflower seeds
Flaked almonds
Frozen summer fruits (cherries, cranberries, strawberries)
Cinnamon

Lunch:
Gluten free pasta
Garlic
Tomatoes
Basil
Olives
Lemon
Oregano
Anchovies
Kidney beans
Pumpkin seeds
Baby salad leaves
Olive oil

Snack:
Mixed seeds:
Sunflower
pumpkin
linseeds
Soy sauce

Dinner (out):
Mixed seafood (calamari, mussels, prawns)
Tomato
Garlic
Onion
White wine
Courgette
Aubergines
Fresh mint tea
------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment