Sunday 18 November 2012

Time for gratitude

This evening I watched the movie 'The Blind Side'. I've seen it a couple of times before but it's so good I was happy to watch it again.  For anyone who hasn't seen it, I recommend you watch it, but to summarise without giving the whole thing away the plot it's essentially about a disadvantaged child who gets adopted by a rich family and the changes to his life that result.

What always sticks with me when I watch this film is how fortunate most people are without realising it.   We don't have to worry about where we're going to have to sleep at night or where our next meal is coming form - our day to day worries are usually about nothing that fundamental that puts our lives at risk.

So the next time you're worrying about to eat for dinner, or stressing over having just over-indulged, take a moment to remember that this is a luxury that not everyone has and we should all be grateful for the fact that we can always put food on our tables.


No comments:

Post a Comment