Sunday 4 November 2012

Spy snacking

I can't remember the last time I queued to get into a cinema, I think because I usually catch a movie weeks after it comes out or maybe because I'm not a buyer of the big block busters, but tonight I queued to see Skyfall for the full cinema James Bond experience including rustling from the people next to me as they munched their way through a huge bag of popcorn.

I do love popcorn but eating infront of a movie just distracts me from what I'm watching. That being said eating infront of the tv is an easy bad habit to fall into and one I'm not immune to myself.

Eating and watching tv together involves all your five senses at the same time, taste, smell, touch, hearing and vision. You can't fully appreciate one single sense when all the others are being stimulated - you won't be so engaged in what you're watching and you won't be fully enjoying the taste of your food.

Distracted from your taste buds and the sensation of being full you can mindlessly eat your way through a lot of unhealthy snack food during a two hour movie, without necessarily even enjoying it that much.

This is one of the reasons why whenever possible you should eat without the tv or radio on in the background. Enjoy your meal first and then put on your entertainment afterwards.

Besides James Bond deserves your full attention!
------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment