Tuesday 12 June 2012

Totally satisfied

Something I love about a detox is that you're eating so healthily that you really don't need to worry about portion control. Today for example, I couldn't finish my lunch of rice and bean salad, whereas I normally clean my plate!

Detox meals are high in fibre and water so very filling. In addition, when you consistently eat a highly nutritious diet you meet your body's need for nutrients so it doesn't need to keep you hungry in a quest to get more vitamins in.

Even if a full detox is not for you, cutting out sugar, salt and any artificial additives from your diet can regulate your appetite and dispense with cravings and false hungers, naturally putting an end to over-eating.

It's a great feeling to be able to trust your appetite and end a meal feeling totally satisfied without the guilty feelings of having gorged yourself.

------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment