Wednesday 13 June 2012

I get by with a little help of my friends

I know it's popular to think that you have to suffer to get through detox, but I'm all in favour of minimizing the pain - the easier it is, the easier it is to stick to.

So I make sure I have my detox buddies to hand to keep me feeling good:

Water - water is your livers best friend when you detox so make sure you have 1.5-2 litres daily. Even if you don't feel like it, you'll feel better for it.

Herbal teas - water can get a bit boring, but having a good range of herbal teas to hand means I keep drinking it without getting bored. Rooibos tea and rice milk is particularly nice whenever I need something comforting

Dandelion coffee - can be a real saviour to get you through the low points and put paid to headaches and brain fog.

Grapefruit - a natural detoxifier, have half a fresh grapefruit daily for dessert after dinner instead of pudding

Spatone iron supplement - one downside of going meat free is that it takes a bit of effort to get your iron intake. Taking spatone with your morning juice ticks that box and keeps your energy levels up.

Rice protein powder - protein helps keep you satisfied, if you don't have enough you'll find yourself continually hungry. I keep this hypoallergenic protein powder at work and shake it into a berry smoothie I buy on the way into work for a super easy filling breakfast.

Chromium drops - one drop a day keeps the cravings a way. Kick chocolate cravings to the kerb with this blood sugar balancing mineral.

A top daily multivitamin - I take one every day anyway, but it's even more important during detox to make sure your liver has all the nutrients it needs to detox effectively.

Sleep - ok so I can't stock up on it, but getting enough sleep maximizes your overnight toxin clearance. You'll know you're getting enough when you start waking naturally before your alarm.
------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment