Thursday 14 February 2013

Miss Haribo Murder Miles

Miss Haribo here,

For the last six weeks I've been doing the "murder mile" sessions at my gym.  They were organised by Run Dem Crew and we basically tore it up running track, intervals and parachute sprints(!) around London.  I've been off running due to injury for six months and I wanted to get back into it. My ambition was to run just one run where I felt ok and not pathetic. I can confidently say that thanks to Charlie Dark and the rest of the murder mile crew I completely smashed that goal.

It might seem a bit odd to take a class in learning how to run. However, I learnt lots about things like running form, how to stay strong when finishing a race, the need to incorporate speed training, some amazing places to run in London and how to cope when it feels uncomfortable.

While the physical part of training is important to mental one is too. I also learned that I have to step out of my comfort zone if I ever want to improve (and one day I'll be comfortable there)  and that what really matters is quality not quantity.

The latter is particularly important. Too many time we'll head out to the park on a run when we aren't really feeling it, do the same thing as we did the week before and the week before that. But all we achieve is burning a few calories and falling a bit out of love with running. It's better to do something really good for a short while that made you improve and that you enjoyed.

Miss Haribo

 
For those that want to know more about what happened and how to join in next time the link is here:

http://gymbox.com/CHARLIE-DARK-S-MURDER-MILE,377 . This was my absolute favourite session. I felt like my legs were flying by the end!  


------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment