Monday 10 December 2012

Water check

Managing the air conditioning system for a large office seems to be an impossible task.  Wherever I've worked the office temperature has always oscillated between greenhouse sleep inducing warmth to uncomfortable teeth-clenching chilliness, neither of which is particularly comfortable.

I cope with this by layering my clothes and always having a scarf in the office, but when it's really cold, like it was today, I find that by the end of the day I haven't drunk my full 1.5litre bottle of water and consequently feel more tired and hungry than I would usually.  When it's warm I guzzle through the stuff but when it's cold the idea of drinking a cold drink just isn't appealing.

This is why I'm taking a big thermos mug into work tomorrow with lots of herbal tea bags so I can regularly drink a nice warm and hydrating drink.  Some of you may be in the same situation so pay attention to how much water you're drinking at the moment, and make sure you have a mug of water or herbal tea or something non-caffeinated every hour to keep you hydrated and feeling awake! I even sometimes just drink plain hot water. That might sound odd but it's actually pretty nice on a cold day!


No comments:

Post a Comment